Saturday, February 28, 2009

When God Ran

I'm so God loves me enough to run after me. God ask me everyday, "Do you know I still love you?" No matter what I do, no matter how bad my attitude is, or what happens- GOD runs to me! This past Thursday Brandy and I had the chance go to go a Philips, Craig and Dean concert. I have to be honest and say I had my doubts that we were going to get there, it took us 2.5 hours to go an hour---gotta love I-10 being closed, and then Mapquest that leads you down dark roads to a deadend! :) Anyway, we finally made it- I say that like we were late, but we really got there at 6:58 and it started at 7pm. It was a wonderful worship time and fellowship time for Brandy and I. I realized how much, you just have to escape even if it is for a couple of hours.

Sidenote: PCD might not be the newest Christian group, and yes I made jokes when we got there about them being a little bit older, however they were awesome in leading worship.



When God Ran


Almighty God, The Great I Am Immovable Rock, Omnipotent powerful Awesome Lord, Victorious Warrior Mighty Conqueror, Commanding King of Kings And the only time, the only time I ever saw Him run Was when He ran to me, Took me in His arms, held my head to His chest And said "My son's come home again". Looked in my face, wiped the tears from my eyes With forgiveness in His voice He said "Son, do you know I still love you?" It caught me by surprise when God ran The day I left Home, I knew I'd broken His heart I wondered if Things would ever be the same, Then one night, I remembered His love for me And down that dusty road, ahead I could see It was the only time, the only time I ever saw Him run Was when He ran to me, Took me in His arms, held my head to His chest And said "My son's come home again". Looked in my face, wiped the tears from my eyes With forgiveness in His voice He said "Son, do you know I still love you?" It caught me by surprise, It dropped me to my knees When God ran Holy God, Righteous One Who turned my way Now I know, You've been waiting For this day


No comments: