Saturday, May 2, 2009

April


I can't believe I didn't post at all in April. What a crazy thirty days it has been. I'm hoping for my personal life that the showers and storms that have been expereinced will bring the sweetness for the next thirty days. I've pretty much had all emotions for the past couple of weeks. Here are just a few of the things:
1. Work- Can I sum it up by saying OVERTIME! Not really, but as far as hours yes! Doug was out of town for two weeks, Theo for a week and half, and then Amanda is part time so there were many days it was ME! Not to mention that Robert and Michael are nolonger Callis employees. I made it but don't want to go back to those long days. There were two week that I didn't make it home before 9pm when I went at 6:30am. Some nights it was between 11pm-1am. Thankfully, hard work paid off and I made it! I didn't kill anyone, kept all customers and even made them happy! Now if I can just make myself happy while being on call. Yes, this weekend again, amazing how I started April on call, was on call the middle of April and and on again- seems to be it's every other week. Am I wrong? On another note: We are doing "The Five Dysfuntions of a Team" every Tuesday night as a company. It's been intresting to go through and very rewarding in hopes to see changes but very challenging as it gets more personal. To be continued as we get further with the book.
2. House- Okay I started looking at house b/c I totalled how much I spend in rent a year and then also since I've lived here- OH MY! Anyway, so I found one that I completely loved and have been fighting for it ever since and am now in the accepted offer stage pending inspection and apprisal. It's been an emotional, physical, mental and spiritual battle for so many reason and still is. As I am writing this now, I'm waiting for a phone call to see if they completed the items that had to be address from the inspection. Fun Fun! Anyway, to be continued. Many of you have been praying during this process- THANK YOU! Please continue and if it's not the right one, please pray that God will still shut the door. I'm at peace in Him, not the house or apartment, completely in Him. So if it falls through even now when I'm so close, I'll be alright with it. Please pray for safty for me though as I live here in the apartment. Last week, I can't explain the protection of God's hand on my life and also my friend Jennifer. Our God is Mighty to save! We had seven cars broken into and a man held at gun point at 8pm. Thankfully we had just left before it happened, and came back while the cops were here. Remember me please as I am in and out at all hours for work. I find great peace in singing God is bigger than the boogie man, even though I feel like I'm four years old! Child like faith!
3. Personal- The first weekend in April I had the privilage of going to New Orleans with my friend Elizabeth and her friend Melanie for a Beth Moore retreat. Wow- it was amazing! I'm thankful for that time to escape and be filled. I learned from 1 Thes 5:1-20 the following things: 1. The essense of holiness is wholeness.
2. I can't be a whole person without other people.
3. Wholeness releases persistant joy.
4. Wholeness relates to persistant prayer.
5. God is wholly faithful and I am found in Him!
I wish I would have taken better notes as I don't remember the different backgrounds with the spellings but none the less I am so thankful I can be found in a faithful God.
So that is a quick summary of April, I'm gonna try to do better in May. Plus I really want to to complete the post about the dump I s tarted in March. Wow, I'm behind.

No comments: