Thursday, August 21, 2008

Desire to be filled

 "14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

 20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21


Here it is another late night, and I can't sleep! I'm getting use to this; however, I don't think it's so much the meds tonight as my mind wondering and prayers still to be spoken. 

My heart is heavy tonight desiring more of the fullness and peace of God.

My heart is broken for the lost. 

My heart is burden for friends that are really hurting as they face the challenges with parents being ill. 

My heart is burden for a friend facing surgery.

My heart is burden for friends and family that are overwhelmed with jobs, bills,  tropical storms, and family issues.

My heart is broken for my church, the leadership, and ministry that God has called us to.

My heart is desires being rooted and established in love,  so I may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

My heart desires being filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

My heart desires peace beyond my understanding for my health, relationships, future, and ministry. 

As I type this list, it doesn't put in to words everything my heart desires because at this moment I don't know what all my heart desires, but I'm so glad that God does. He knows the billions of thoughts in my head, He can process them when I can't even pick out ten. I'm thankful that I don't have to carry these burdens and desires alone. 

I'm thankful that  God is giving me more of  thirst for His fullness and peace.

I'm thankful that He is a Might God that saves the lost.  

I'm very thankful that my friend's hurting due to ill parents have trust and faith in You. I'm thankful that there parents have a personal relationship with You. I'm thankful that just as you have your arms wrapped around me,  Your arms reach around them as well with comfort and peace. 

I'm thankful for You being the Great Physician and hold your hand close to my friend. 

I'm thankful for You being the great Provider in the lives of my friends. I'm thankful the peace you provide in the storms. 

I'm thankful for this body of believers that I can join hands with and do ministry. 

I'm thankful for the desires I have and trust that you will guide and direct them to be more like You. 

So with this being said, God, I give it to you! 


No comments: