Friday, August 29, 2008

The Trip

Once again I find myself sitting at the airport, today's a better day than Tuesday. I hae been in Jupiter, FL turning up a customer for work. You might have seen Tuesday afternoon on the news about the nation wide flight delays---yep that was me! I had a 4:14 flight from Gulfport that didn't board until 7:40 and then we had a delay on the runway because of the weather in Atlanta. Well as much as I hated the delays and everything, I just sat in the airport in the middle of the floor and worked. :) (Picture that-it was the only power plug) Anyway, I finally got to the hotel room in FL at 2:17am. What a day! However, through the the great frustration God has provided reminders of His work at hand. I can't believe I didn't have my camera but I found the picture online and it's close to what I saw however, doesn't fully express the beauty and peace that I was able to look at out. Also while the sunset it behind me and so it just reminded me that a new day will be dawning and God's mercies are new every morning. After a few hours of sleep, and then getting the rental car I wsa on my way to Jupiter, well with some problems with the driving/car it took 4.5 hours when it wsa only suppost to take an hour. Don't laugh- but you know by that time I was beyond frustrated and in tears. It doesn't relay enough me saying I was overwhelmed. So much needed to be done, I was frustrated, didn't feel well, late, mind focused/thinkgin on other things l ike the hurricane, family issues, work, and of course always the future and what God wanted me to do. It was a breaking point that I was weak. I'm very thankful for God's hand in the midst of it. None of the situations that I was currenlty in tears about did I have any control over or could I change. It took sometime but even now as I type this headed home I have to remind myself that God is in control and protects me. He knows everything about me but also about the hurricane. He knows everything about my day today, and then also six months from now. So everday as the sun sets, I'm reminded that God's mercies are new everymorning.

No comments: