Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Back and Moving Forward


Looking Back and Moving Forward “2008 was Packed for a Purpose– 2009!”


I’m learning that we were born prepackaged. God looks at our entire life, determines our assignment, and gives the tools to do the job. Before traveling, you do something similar. You consider the demands of the journey and pack accordingly. Cold weather? Bring a jacket. Business meeting? Carry the laptop. God does the same things with us. Some will research and build…install curiosity and determination. Others will teach and lead children and youth ….. extra dose of management, compassion and patience. God has packed each of us for a purpose. In 2008, I believe God has packed a lot of things in me that I didn’t have before. I’ve been challenged and turning around to be change in preparation for my job in 2009.
This year was packed in many ways: Let’s go over a few:
Weddings: Julie and Zack Adamson, Taylor and Lindsey McCall, Matt and Lauren Zwitt, Renewal for Wendy and John McKinney, Taris and Corey Moorman, and Sandy and George Nelson.
Births: Ava Parker, Cochran Quads– (Lauren, Avery, Gunner, Cannon), and Natalie Duncan
Deaths: George Leggett, John Murray, and Mike Blaylock
Moves: Johnson Family, Payne Family, Hughes Family
All of these things have been packed into the daily life of the past 365 days, whew I’m tired! However that isn’t all, God had this year packed with his comfort as he has continued to hold my hand through breast surgery, sinus surgery (both which opened other doors like a heart mummer and testing), a mass on my ovaries, a nerve block, and continued physical therapy for my neck. I also can’t forget His grace through Kristi’s heart surgery as well as mom and dad’s procedures. This year has been busy! Yet, still there is more! He has secured us while we have traveled through the year and through the nation, while Brandy and I traveled to PA, and then to New York for an amazing get away, then there were the trips to Brookhaven to see Hampton and Lindsey, trips to Pinelake, FCA camp, concerts and meetings with David Nasser and then Casting Crowns. Alright maybe now I have everything packed for the year: oh wait I forget two key things: Callis and Dayspring! How could I ever forget the main thing that was packed along with the blackberry, on call, and laptop. God has packed a lot into the past two and a half years while I have been at Callis- He is moving a lot of people on now and they are traveling with a lighter load, while I’m still learning and gaining my skills. Dayspring is almost the same way, God has shown up and moved people on to further His work in other places. I’m very sadden by the loss but so proud to see the work God is doing in and through them at the different places they are serving now. All of these things were packed in 2008 to prepare me for the changes ahead in 2009. It’s going to be an awesome year! I’m ready– I can’t do it alone and God’s still going to be packing things in me, however, I’m ready to move forward. I’m ready for my job in Him and to fulfill my purpose.

No comments: