Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dayspring Needs . . . .

Guys, I am be come overwhelmed with the need for our church to change. I am amazed at how people can drastically change there actions to get there way. In some ways I feel that God is laughing and saying those people just don't get it. I'm sorry sometimes He looks at me that way. However, I think it's to the point now that He isn't laughing anymore with it, He is shaking His head saying we're waisting time. We're missing it. We're not running in the race for His glory. I feel that we're crawling to Him. We don't have to have a Pastor to run to Him. He hasn't changed, why are we trying to change our attitudes b/c we don't have a teacher that leads on Sunday morning. We honor Christ, not some leader. Although, I understand that God puts a shepard in place to lead us, and I'm thankful for who that person will be. I pray for Him daily, and trust that in God's timing He will bring someone perfect.

Right now I guess I am just dissapointed. It's my fault too, I give people too much credit. I believe people should act a certain way, when myself included are sinners and will make mistakes and not always act the way we should. Please pray for our staff- they need to be a team. They need support, encouragement and help through this time. Please pray for our search team. They need to seek Christ and His heart for a pastor of the church, and not there own. We need a man of integrity, that is Christ centered and on fire! We need a Pastor that has all ages at heart from bed babies to senior adults. All matter and are important- they make up this body called Dayspring. However, we have to remember that the children, youth, college and young adults will be the future of Dayspring if we want it to continue. We have to build them as leaders. Alright, I will get off my soap box, but I am seriously overwhelmed with the burden of the church. Please join me in praying for change.

Proverbs 3:5-7
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. [a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
Please be remembering our Pastor Search Team as you pray
Jerry Timothy - Chairman
Tayo Fadeji
Jack Granade
Bobby Hartmann
Ed Massey
Pat O'Neal
Tom Peak
JaneShropshire
Martha Sullins

No comments: